Ryugasaki Country Club
2080 Izumicho, Ryugasaki City, Ibaraki Prefecture 301-0857 Japan
Phone: +81-(0)297-62-2611, Fax: +81-(0)297-62-2615
Ryugasaki country club is a 18 hole par 72 golf course ranked among top-class golf courses in Japan.
Designed by eminent golf course planner Sei-ichi Inoue, Ryugasaki is ranked among top-ten Japanese golf courses every year in Japanese well-known golf magazines' contest.
- Course Setting
- Practice Facility
- Other Facility
- Golfing Fees
- Important Notes
Ryugasaki Country Club is located 50km northeast of Tokyo or 25km northwest of the Narita International Airport. By car, it is about one hour drive from the central part of Tokyo or 45 minutes from the Narita airport. Train is also usable; 50 minutes from the Ueno station (fourth station from the Tokyo station) to the Sanuki station via the JR Joban line and 20 minutes by club bus. There is another golf course by the name of "Golf Course The Ryugasaki" near ours. Please make sure of your way to our club.
Ryugasaki Country Club was opened on 8 November 1958. It is appraised as a masterpiece of Sei-ichi Inoue, a Japanese eminent golf course designer, laid out in his peak time. Currently there are 38 golf courses of his design; most of them represent Japanese top-class courses. Ryugasaki has accommodated national golf tournament games many times, such as Japan Open Golf Tournament, Japan Ladies Open Golf Tournament, Japan Amateur Golf tournament, etc.
Ryugasaki is Inoue's most favored one among courses he designed, a glade course artfully placed following the gently undulated natural configuration. Golfers may feel like playing in the midst of a Japanese ink-brush painting with variform pine trees. In his design plan, Inoue sets out his concept on Ryugasaki as follows;
- It must be designed friendly for players with deliberate thoughts on positions of the first and tenth tees, pathways from a green to the next tee, and so on.
- Holes are laid out as to be overcome only when each shot is made accurately with strategy and plan. They should not be boring, but must always give players a fresh taste.
- With the beautiful natural setting completed with excellent formative design, the course should invite a player to a paradise, feeling something worth living and playing.
- Every hole must appear differently. Golfers are required to master every type of shots. Brushing up skills at this course, golfers would no more tremble for fear at any other golf courses.
Country Club was opened, Inoue visited the course frequently and gave the management and green-keepers advice and guidance with meticulous care for nurturing the course. Hole No.10 is his most deliberate one. Though with no bunkers, golfers must play with strategy and skill against the aerial hazard and natural undulation.
18 holes with double greens, Par 72
O-Green(Bent grass 007)
C-Green(Bent grass CY-2)
Driving Range : 250 yards
Approach Green : 4 greens up to 100 yards
Putting Green : 3 greens
|Meeting/Party Rooms||Second Floor|
|Locker Room||Grand Floor|
|Public Bath||Grand Floor|
- Booking of tee time will be accepted from the same day two months in prior onward. Reciprocal members are requested to make arrangement via e-mail or fax through the management.
- The club is closed on Monday, 1 January, first week of February, 31 December and makeup holidays.
- Reciprocal members will not be accepted on the days of exclusive club games (mostly on Sunday). Kindly check the golf calendar below or contact the management.
- Golfing is possible through the year, though the course would seldom be closed due to snow fall during the winter season.
- Golfers are requested to observe proper attire, though wearing Jacket is exempted during June through September.
- Use of mobile phone is limited only at the designated area.
|Senior vice-president||Kunio Okuzawa|
|Managing Director||Toshiro Fukuda|
|Managing Director||Kohei Wakabayashi|
|Managing Director||Yasuhiro Hiruma|
|15 other Committee Members|
|General Manager||Hiromitsu Saito|